The Public Leadership Education Network (PLEN) offers premiere leadership and public policy programs for college women. Our mission is to increase the number of women influencing all aspects of the public policy process. We do this by focusing on college women, bringing them to Washington, DC for seminars throughout the academic year.
PLEN seeks qualified candidates for our Spring 2022 Program Assistant Internship. We offer a dynamic environment for interns to develop their professional skills, build their network, and gain experience working at a small nonprofit.
- Assist with and coordinate aspects of planning PLEN seminars and workshops: logistics, delivery, and execution;
- Manage PLEN’s scholarships process: process applications and necessary paperwork
- Prepare materials for seminars, workshops, and outreach events
- Support, attend, and promote PLEN events and seminars through social media, communications activities, and in-person events;
- Code, summarize, and present survey results for all PLEN’s seminars;
- Maintain/order office and program supplies;
- Assist with fundraising letters/emails and donor mailings
- Promoting PLEN events and seminars through various outlets.
- Other duties as assigned
- Excellent attention to detail;
- Ability to manage projects independently and readiness to assume a high level of responsibility as a member of a team;
- Excellent problem solving skills;
- Strong writing skills;
- Ability to work well in a small office environment;
- Ability to effectively communicate with a wide range of individuals and groups;
- Passionate about PLEN’s mission;
- Enthusiastic and creative;
- Experienced with social media, editing, or blogging
- Familiarity with WordPress, Excel, Google products, Hootsuite, Canva, Facebook, Twitter, and Sched.
To apply: Please submit a resume, cover letter, and writing sample (700 words) to email@example.com with “Spring 2022 Program Assistant Internship” in the subject line. No phone calls please.
Deadline: Open until position is filled. We encourage early application as screening will be conducted as applications are received.
Location: Washington D.C. - Interns will be expected to work in D.C. once a week and attend PLEN events when possible, including seminars, networking receptions, fundraising events, etc.
Preferred start date: January 24, 2021. 15 to 20 hours/week
Benefits: A monthly stipend of $240 is provided. PLEN encourages interns to attend events in DC during their internship and will be flexible to accommodate these events.