The Public Leadership Education Network (PLEN) offers premiere leadership and public policy programs for college women. Our mission is to prepare students for leadership in the public policy arena. We achieve our mission by bringing college women to Washington, DC for seminars throughout the academic year. PLEN programs focus on connecting students with women leaders in various public policy fields. The seminars also focus on developing professional skills.
PLEN seeks qualified candidates for our Spring 2022 Communications Internship. We offer a dynamic environment for interns to develop their professional skills, build their network, and gain experience working at a small nonprofit.
- Supporting PLEN’s social media and other communications activities and analyzing social media;
- Updating PLEN’s website;
- Creating an outreach plan to reach more colleges and universities;
- Coding, summarizing, and presenting survey results for PLEN’s seminars;
- Drafting material for PLEN’s newsletter;
- Promoting PLEN events and seminars through various outlets.
- Excellent attention to detail;
- Ability to manage projects independently and readiness to assume a high level of responsibility as a member of a team;
- Excellent problem solving skills;
- Strong writing skills;
- Ability to work well in a small office environment;
- Ability to effectively communicate with a wide range of individuals and groups;
- Passionate about PLEN’s mission;
- Enthusiastic and creative;
- Experienced with social media, editing, or blogging
- Familiarity with WordPress, Excel, Google products, Hootsuite, Canva, Facebook, Twitter, and Sched.
To apply: Please submit a resume, cover letter, and writing sample (700 words) to email@example.com with “Spring 2022 Communications Internship” in the subject line. No phone calls please.
Deadline: Open until position is filled. We encourage early application as screening will be conducted as applications are received.
Location: Washington D.C. - Interns will be expected to work in D.C. once a week and attend PLEN events when possible, including seminars, networking receptions, fundraising events, etc.
Preferred start date: January 24, 2021. 15 to 20 hours/week
Benefits: A monthly stipend of $240 is provided. PLEN encourages interns to attend events in DC during their internship and will be flexible to accommodate these events.