Programs and Communications Manager
Are you interested in advancing women’s policy and political leadership? Are you interested in learning more about the inner workings of nonprofit organizations? Are you highly organized with superior writing skills? Do you thrive in environments where you’re given a lot of responsibility and autonomy?
The Public Leadership Education Network (PLEN) seeks a Programs and Communications Manager to serve as part of our small team. The Programs and Communications Manager will plan, coordinate, and execute PLEN programs; lead the organization’s communications and digital media efforts; hire and supervise PLEN interns; and assist with day-to-day operations and administrative tasks.
- Bachelor’s degree and 1-2 years of professional experience (including internships), nonprofit experience strongly preferred;
- Superb written and oral communications skills a must;
- Experience managing digital and social media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Slack;
- Familiarity with a broad range of public policy, current affairs, and politics;
- Highly motivated self-starter and problem solver with strong work ethic and can-do attitude;
- Demonstrated personal responsibility, attention to detail, and excellent organizational skills;
- Experience managing projects and a track record of follow-through, growth, and success;
- Flexibility for travel in and around DC metro area and ability to work some evening/weekend hours if needed;
- Calm under pressure;
- Proven ability to interface with the public in a customer-focused environment;
- Sense of humor; and
- Commitment to PLEN’s mission.
Deadline: Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and until the position is filled.