Fall 2017 Internship
The Public Leadership Education Network (PLEN) offers premiere leadership and public policy programs for college women. Our mission is to prepare students for leadership in the public policy arena. We achieve our mission by bringing college women to Washington, DC for seminars throughout the academic year. PLEN programs focus on connecting students with women leaders in various public policy fields. The seminars also focus on developing professional skills.
PLEN seeks qualified candidates for our Fall 2017 Internship. This position will directly support programmatic efforts. PLEN offers a dynamic environment for interns to develop their professional skills, build their network, and gain experience working at a small nonprofit.
- Updating and organizing PLEN’s Salesforce database;
- Creating an outreach plan to reach more colleges and universities;
- Coding, summarizing, and presenting survey results for PLEN’s seminars;
- Recruiting potential speakers and students for our programs;
- Assisting with donor research and other fundraising tasks;
- Supporting PLEN’s social media and other communications activities;
- Helping to plan and execute alumnae, donor, and board of directors events.
- Excellent attention to detail;
- Ability to manage projects independently and readiness to assume a high level of responsibility as a member of a team;
- Excellent problem solving skills;
- Strong writing skills;
- Ability to work well in a small office environment;
- Ability to effectively communicate with a wide range of individuals and groups;
- Passionate about PLEN’s mission;
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills, particularly Excel.
To apply: Please submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com with “Fall 2017 Internship Application” in the subject line. No phone calls please.
Deadline: Open until position is filled. We encourage early application as screening will be conducted as applications are received.
Preferred start date: September 11, 2017 (or before). 15 to 20 hours/week
Benefits: Stipend is available. PLEN encourages interns to attend events in DC during their internship and will be flexible to accommodate those that take place during work hours. Interns are expected to attend PLEN events when possible, including seminars, networking receptions, fundraising events, etc.