Apply to be a PLEN Ambassador
Spread the Word about PLEN on Your Campus!
PLEN Ambassadors provide vital outreach and information about PLEN to student peers at their college campus, and are available to answer questions through the PLEN website here. A PLEN Ambassador uses the knowledge and experience they gained as a PLEN student in DC to become an effective spokesperson on campus for the power of PLEN programs to get more women into leadership roles in the public arena.
View PLEN’s current Ambassadors.
What does an Ambassador do?
Ambassadors serve as a liaison between prospective PLEN students and the PLEN office. As such, they have the important role of being the “face” of PLEN on their campus. The Ambassador will make a one-year commitment to help promote PLEN by:
- Representing PLEN at least once a year at a school function or fair
- Distributing PLEN materials to interested departments and students around campus
- Speaking about the PLEN experience to student groups and classes
- Answering student e-mails and inquiries about PLEN programs
- Communicating with the PLEN D.C. office to discuss promotions and details of upcoming programs
What are the benefits of being an Ambassador?
- Students may receive a strong professional recommendation from PLEN staff based on their level of commitment, initiative and leadership
- A chance to sharpen your public speaking and communication skills
- A great resume builder!
*We accept Ambassador applications from PLEN alumnae who are currently students on a rolling basis.
Interested? Fill out the PLEN Ambassador Application form and email to email@example.com.
Find out other ways to stay involved here!