Speaker and Alumnae News
See what’s in the news about the exciting endeavors of PLEN speakers and alumnae.
- Human Rights Advocate Frances ‘Sissy’ Tarlton Farenthold, Other Luminaries Featured at UH Commencement
University of Houston News Service | May 5, 2011
PLEN Founder Frances “Sissy” Tarlton Farenthold shared lessons from her amazing life as a Texas legislator, human rights advocate and educator with social work students graduating from the University of Houston.
- Penn State Trustee Election Positions Announced
Penn State Live, Penn State Official News Source | March 18, 2011
Marianne Ellis Alexander, ’62 Lib, president emerita, PLEN, elected to the 2011 board of trustees of Penn State University.
- Congresswoman Barbara Lee, Tracy Henke and Sarah Craven to be Honored at the PLEN Mentor Awards
Al Cole: People of Distinction | January 2011
Pamela O’Leary, Executive Director of PLEN, spoke on the Al Cole radio show, which highlighted the 2011 PLEN Mentor Awards and its honorees on February 24, 2011.
- Chatham Official: Why Shouldn’t Women Shape the Political Agenda?
Pittsburgh Post-Gazette | August 13, 2010
Dana Brown nominated to new position as executive director of the Pennsylvania Center for Women, Politics and Public Policy based at Chatham University, a PLEN member institution.
- Buchanan, Ryerson to Receive Honorary Degrees
SUNY Cortland Bulletin News | April 3, 2010
Wells College President Lisa Marsh Ryerson, a past chair of PLEN’s Board of Directors, was awarded a honorary degree of Doctor of Humane Letters during the May 22 SUNY-Cortland Undergraduate Commencement exercises.
- AAUW’s Top Adviser Pinks Up Pen, Draws on Midwestern Roots to Inspire Others
American Association of University Women | March 11, 2010
Lisa Maatz, American Association of University Women’s top public policy adviser and PLEN speaker, has joined some of the nation’s foremost women leaders and thinkers to offer life lessons in an inspirational new book for younger generations titled Secrets of Powerful Women: Leading Change for a New Generation.
- Senator Loretta Weinberg Celebrates Women’s History Month Throughout State
Politicker NJ | March 5, 2010
Sen. Loretta Weinberg, (D-Teaneck), made an appearance at Eagleton addressing a “Women and American Politics” class in conjunction with the Douglass College PLEN Forum.