Submit to The Plenary
The Plenary is an online community blog for PLEN alumnae and supporters to mentor, collaborate, and share essential professional and life lessons they’ve learned during and after their PLEN seminars.
PLEN is all about mentorship, networking, and support, and these themes constantly resonate in all of our lives. Whether you’re months or years out of your seminar, in DC or not, still in college or in the C-Suite, we want to hear from you! No matter where you are in on your career path, you have important advice and experiences that another PLEN woman can benefit from and now, for the first time ever, you can share your PLEN story, professional tips, and life lessons online with the entire PLEN network.
Submission Guidelines to The Plenary
All articles submitted to The Plenary are subjected to editing by the PLEN editorial staff. You can use subheadings and formatting to emphasize your main points. You can add links to other websites or articles within your posts. In addition to sending us your social media contact information, you may also link to your social media accounts in your author bio. If you would like to add photos to your article, format the photos in your word document and also attach photos as a .jpg or .png in your submission.
The ideal length for an article for The Plenary is 1,000-2,000 words, but we will accept submissions of 500 words to 3,000 words. The title of your article should be 8-12 words long.
We will only accept submissions through email to Hayley at email@example.com. Please attach your submission as a Microsoft Word document or Google Doc. Please do not send us a PDF attachment.
You may submit more than one different article, as many times as you’d like. Each article must be submitted separately with all of the necessary attachments, including the author biography. If you submitted an article, we may send it back to you to edit or reject it on the basis of quality, topic, or appropriateness. If we send an article back to you for you to edit, you are welcome to resubmit once the proper changes are made. If we do not explicitly state that you may edit and resubmit a rejected submission, please do not resubmit.
We will consider regular contributors on a case-by-case basis. If you’re interested in becoming a regular contributor (submitting articles weekly, biweekly, or monthly) contact Hayley at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may submit work that has been published elsewhere (on your own personal blog, etc) as long as the content is 100% yours.
We will respond to all submissions within 21 days of our receipt of the work. If accepted, we will contact you 7 days prior to your publication on The Plenary.
At this time, we are unable to provide compensation to writers who contribute to The Plenary.
WHAT TO SEND US
- In the body of the email:
- A brief author biography with (1) your name, (2) the PLEN seminar you attended (or spoke at), (3) your university, (4) your year of graduation or anticipated graduation, and (5) any links to your social media accounts you’d like to share (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Medium.)
- Contact information: (1) your email (preferably not your school email) and (2) phone number (this information is for our record only and will not be published.)
- Attached to the email (please do not send any PDFs):
- Your article fully formatted in Microsoft Word or Google Docs, with photos and article title included.
- If there are any photos included in the Word/Google version of your article please also attach them to your emailed submission as separate .jpg or .png file(s).
- A headshot or photo of you at a PLEN event (Size: 100×100 px | Format: .jpg or .png)
WHERE TO SUBMIT
Submissions should be emailed to Hayley at email@example.com.