The Public Leadership Education Network (PLEN), a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, is the only national organization with the sole focus of preparing college women for careers in public policy. We are a nonpartisan organization open to creating opportunities for women of diverse backgrounds. We achieve our mission by bringing college women to Washington, D.C. for seminars throughout the academic year. PLEN programs connect college women with women leaders in who work in all levels of government, nonprofit organizations, government relations, and public interest organizations.
Are you looking to get your start in women’s leadership development? Do you crave an environment where you can “geek out” over details while at the same time interacting with diverse women and expanding your network in Washington? Are you a self-starter who wants to learn about the inner-workings of a small nonprofit from an experienced manager? If you answered yes to these questions, The Public Leadership Education Network (PLEN) may be the place for you!
PLEN seeks a highly motivated and passionate Program Coordinator to join our small but dynamic team. The Program Coordinator will assist with planning; coordinating; and executing PLEN programs, and assist with day-to-day operations and administrative tasks. Knowledge of higher education institutions, a background in workshop design and facilitation, and/or program evaluation is desired but not required.
The Program Coordinator will report to the Executive Director. This is a full-time, salaried, exempt position.
• Assist with and coordinate all aspects of planning and facilitating workshop logistics, delivery, and execution;
• Serve as primary interface with students before and during programs;
• Process registrations and housing;
• Prepare materials;
• Support the Executive Director with curriculum design;
• Support the creation of program reports and evaluation.
• Maintain/order office and program supplies;
• Answer phone inquiries, sort mail, and prepare outgoing mail;
• Assist with financial administration;
• Support data entry efforts for program participants, speakers, donors, and other PLEN supporters;
• Support recruitment and management of interns.
• Support student recruitment efforts to PLEN member and non-member schools;
• Create website content that highlights student, alumna, and organizational achievements;
• Manage social media, regularly provide content to blog;
• Lead email marketing efforts as related to program recruitment.
• Support Executive Director and Board in all aspects of fundraising communications and outreach including annual donor campaign, newsletter, fundraising letters/emails, donor acknowledgement letters;
• Support Executive Director in foundation management tasks;
• Oversee data entry into Salesforce database.
• Bachelor’s degree and 2-3 years of professional experience, nonprofit experience preferred;
• Highly motivated self-starter and problem solver with strong work ethic and can-do attitude;
• Excellent written and oral communication skills;
• Demonstrated personal responsibility, attention to detail, and superb organizational skills;
• Interest in nonprofit management and fundraising;
• Experience managing projects and a track record of follow-through, growth, and success;
• Flexibility for travel around the DC metro area and ability to work some evening/weekend hours if needed;
• Proven ability to interface with the public in a customer-focused environment;
• Sense of humor; and
• Commitment to PLEN’s mission.
Work is generally performed in an office setting, but the Program Coordinator may be required to work in other settings conducive to performing the tasks required to complete assignments. Travel around the DC metro area and extended hours may be occasionally required.
Salary and Benefits:
Salary commensurate with experience. Excellent benefits package including health coverage; paid annual, sick, and holiday leave; retirement; and other benefits.
Submit a cover letter, resume, and contact information for 3 professional references (in one PDF file) to
PLENCareers@gmail.com. Qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews on a rolling basis. No phone calls please.
PLEN is an Equal Opportunity Employer. People of all backgrounds are encouraged to apply.