What is the PLEN Advancement Committee?
The Advancement Committee consists of individuals with an interest in encouraging women’s leadership development. The Advancement Committee generates revenue to support the organization’s activities, conducts fundraising events, and solicits corporate or foundation grants and other financial support.
Why become a member of the Advancement Committee?
The Advancement Committee provides a great opportunity to develop fundraising skills and build relationships with key business, government, and community leaders and organizations throughout Washington, D.C.
What are the responsibilities for members of the Advancement Committee?
In conjunction with staff, work to create a strategic annual development plan and a 3-year development plan to continue and potentially expand PLEN programs.
- In conjunction with staff, work to create a strategic annual Advancement plan and a 3-year Advancement plan to continue and potentially expand PLEN programs.
- Commit to donating or raising at least $1,000 during the fiscal year.
- Assist with additional donor cultivation and fundraising efforts.
- Responsibilities for the Annual Mentor Awards Reception in February: Sponsor or raise donations for the event through sponsorships and/or ticket sales; Attend the reception (if your schedule permits)
- Participate in monthly committee planning meetings.
For more information, please contact Anne Darconte, Chair of the Advancement Committee.
Current Advancement Committee Members
- Anne Darconte
Chair of the Advancement Committee
Beyond K Street, LLC
- Savaria Harris
Kirkland & Ellis LLP
- Jona Van Deun
Van Deun Consulting